What is Turmeric and Curcumin?
Turmeric is the most important herb in the world with powerful medicinal properties.
- Turmeric is a member of the Curcuma botanical group, which is part of the ginger family of herbs, the Zingiberaceae.
- The root and rhizome stem of the Curcuma longa plant is crushed and powdered into ground Turmeric.
- Ground Turmeric is used worldwide as a seasoning and is the source of Curcumin.
- Curcumin is a natural component of the rhizome of Turmeric (Curcuma longa) and one of the most studied phytochemicals.
- It is extracted, concentrated, standardized and researched in supplement form.